The Philippines is home to some of the most beautiful islands in the world, each with its own unique charm and character. Here are the top five islands that should be on every traveler’s bucket list:
- Palawan – Known for its crystal-clear waters, white sandy beaches, and stunning limestone cliffs, Palawan is the ultimate tropical paradise. The island is home to the famous Underground River, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and the Bacuit Bay, where you can find some of the best island hopping and snorkeling opportunities.
- Boracay – This small island in the Western Visayas region is famous for its powdery white sand beaches, crystal-clear waters, and vibrant nightlife. Boracay is a popular destination for both local and foreign tourists, and it offers a wide range of activities, including windsurfing, kiteboarding, and parasailing.
- Cebu – Known as the “Queen City of the South,” Cebu is the second most developed province in the Philippines. The island is home to several historical and cultural sites, including Magellan’s Cross, the Basilica del Santo Niño, and the Taoist Cemetery. The island is also known for its beautiful beaches, such as Bantayan Island and Moalboal, and for its delicious local cuisine.
- Siargao – Siargao is known as the “Surfing Capital of the Philippines” and it is a popular destination for surfers from all over the world. The island is home to Cloud 9, one of the best surf spots in the country. Siargao is also a great destination for island hopping, snorkeling, and diving.
- Bohol – Bohol is a small island located in the Central Visayas region. It is known for its Chocolate Hills, a geological formation of nearly 1,200 symmetrical mounds that turn brown during the dry season, which look like chocolate kisses hence the name. The island is also home to the Philippine Tarsier, one of the smallest primates in the world, and several beautiful beaches and diving spots.
Each of these islands offers a unique experience for visitors, from the stunning natural beauty of Palawan to the vibrant nightlife of Boracay. Whether you’re a beach lover, a culture enthusiast, or an adventure seeker, the Philippines has something for everyone.
How can I get there?
The best way to get there is to fly to Manila Ninoy Aquino airport, but you can also use Clark (about 1 hour from the main city). Another alternative is to fly directly to Cebu International airport, which got many flights from several countries.
We recommend using some of the tools we mentioned in our post ‘ Top tools to find cheap flights online‘ to find the best possible flights to the Philippines. Then, internally, you will have multiple options to reach your favorite island destination.